R.O.C.K.—THE CHILDREN’S MINISTRY OF SARASOTA BAPTIST CHURCH
Welcome to Kids R.O.C.K.—Kids Relying on Christ the King. Our mission is to join with families in connecting parents and their children to Jesus Christ. All that we do in programming and activities is done with that goal in mind. Here are some of our offerings:
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want
to be treated.
These key concepts are taught as we study monthly a different life app—a quality of God’s nature that He instills in those who follow Him. We have a large group time of upbeat worship in music and teaching, followed by small groups for application and discussion. Parents receive a monthly “cue” card so they can continue the discussion at home. Children receive a “God Time” card to guide them through personal devotions that week.
- Fishing Camp - Aug 11-13- Camp will meet at the Eloise Werlin Causeway Park (under the Ringling Causeway) from 6 to 8 PM that Thursday and Friday (Aug 11 and 12). Then it will conclude at the Skyway fishing pier on Saturday, Aug 13 from 9 to 12:30. This is a camp for a parent or parents and their children. There is a playground at the causeway park for children who tire of or are not fishing. No charge. Bring your own fishing equipment if you have it. We will have some for children’s use as well.
- Pray for your school - Join with other families on Saturday August 20 at 9 AM at Urfer Park for prayer together before going out to prayer walk your school! Come back to Urfer Park for a picnic! We’ll supply burgers and dogs and you bring a dish to share! Invite your friends and neighbors!
- Pop Up Sunday - Sunday August 21 is promotion Sunday as all elementary age students “POP UP” to their new grade! Wear your school colors and bring a friend from your school to earn prizes for yourselves and your school!
GENERATIONS CHILDREN’S CHOIR is offered during the school year by the Pastor of Worship to involve children in the weekly worship experience of Sarasota Baptist Church. Practices are currently held on Wednesdays , 5:30 to 6:10 in the Garage. Starting up again on Wednesday, September 7. Kindergarten age children are welcome to join.
CHILDREN’S BAPTISM CLASSES are offered 4 times per year to help parents determine whether or not their child is ready to be baptized. This class is recommended for children in grades 1 – 5 and requires that a parent (or guardian) attend the class with the child. We answer the following questions about baptism: Why get baptized? When should I be baptized? How should I be baptized? Baptism classes for 2016 are scheduled for Sunday, August 28 and November 20 at 10:45 in room D223.
ACTIVITIES—During the summer, activities such as a Music and Drama Camp, sports camp, fishing camp, Bible camp as well as
family activities such as Family Night at the Selby Aquatic Club are offered. We anticipate offering similar activities
this upcoming summer.
FAMILY ACTIVITIES—During the year we may offer special activities geared to the family such as a Family Festival on October 31, picnics, Snow Day in February, and movie nights.
We love to welcome visitors and see them become a part of our family. Come, join us, and let’s grow together as we learn to love God and to love others!