What is Technoteers?
Technoteers are volunteers who love technology and are not afraid of it. You see and hear the work of these volunteers every time you are on campus. Here are some examples of the areas in which Technoteers are responsible:
- Sunday Service Video: There are various different applications for video in our church. The most noticeable are the Technoteers who run the cameras during Sunday morning services and during special events. We are also beginning to provide video recordings of "special moments" (such as baptisms and baby dedications) on DVD. This allows the families to treasure those moments for years to come.
- Online Streaming: Can't make it to the church campus on Sunday morning? Watch LIVE online on Sunday's on our website. We stream both services LIVE every Sunday! Can't watch LIVE? Our archives are there for you to view at anytime. Just check out our archived sermons and our podcasts.
- mediashout® Presentations: Although we encourage everyone to bring their own Bible each Sunday, isn’t it great to know that the words will be displayed on the screen during the service? Or what about the words to a song?
- Audio Recordings: As you have probably noticed, in the bookstore we offer CDs of recent sermons. This allows us to expand the reach of the church into the homes of those who are unable to attend a service in person.
- Lights: We have an impressive lighting system, which it requires someone to operate for the duration of all services and events. Lighting helps to control the mood of a special song or can bring emphasis to a particular area on the stage such as a baptism or solo.
How many Technoteers are needed each service?
It takes at least ten volunteers each service to produce the best quality lights, video, and audio. We are striving not to monopolize your time. To that end, it is our goal that we only have our volunteers scheduled twice a month. You should be refreshed and refilled at church, not burnt-out by it. We always have special projects that we work on as well. If you volunteer in those areas the time required varies based upon the project.
Do you want to become a Technoteer?
For more information, contact Chip Caffelle.